Banana Chocolate Chunk Cheerio Pudding Pie













I’ve never really been one for a bowl of Cheerios. I’m more of a granola girl, myself.

Sure, I’ll take a cup of CHEER any day, but toasted ‘o’s cereal, not so much.
However, I do appreciate widely Cheerios’ lack of sugary sweet cereal stereotype. In fact, I’ve always found them slightly salty – I really like that about them.


Alas, you’ll never find me with a bowl of Cheerios in hand.
Nor will you ever find me scavenging for or even devouring a banana. 
YUCK!


Yes, I am an atypical outlier. I cannot stand bananas.
They are too starchy; they are too sweet; they are too mealy; they are too slippery. Let’s face it – they are just too darn banana-y.


BUT, I know many folks absolutely adore the sacred fruit. 

 

And it seems like they go well with Cheerios, don’t you think? Oh, and dark chocolate and vanilla pudding.


My mouth is watering and I’m not even a banana fan!

Watch out!

This one is good!

Banana Chocolate Chunk Cheerio Pudding Pie 

Cheerio Crust:
8 oz. toasted oats cereal (aka Cheerios)
8 Tbs. butter, melted

10 oz. bittersweet chocolate chunks


Banana Cream Layer:
8 oz. mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1 large banana

1 pkg instant vanilla pudding
2 cups whole milk, cold

2 large bananas
1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks

 

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.


Line a cheesecake or springform pan with parchment paper.


Process the cereal into coarse crumbs in the food processor. Add the melted butter and pulse a few more times until all is combined.
Press into the bottom of the prepared cheesecake pan.


Sprinkle with chocolate chunks.


Bake for about 20 minutes, until the crust begins to brown and the chocolate is melting. 

 

Remove from the oven and allow to cool.

 

Meanwhile, in the clean food processor bowl, whir together the mascarpone cheese and banana until silky smooth. Set aside.

 

In a large bowl, beat together the pudding mix and two cups of cold milk, for three to five minutes, until the pudding begins to thicken. 

 

Transfer to the fridge and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes.

 

Once the crust has cooled, spread the Banana Cream Layer over the top. 

 

Then layer with the vanilla pudding.


Chill, again, for several hours or overnight.

 

Thinly slice the remaining bananas at an angle to form rosettes over the top of the pie. 

 

Garnish with additional chocolate chunks.


Remove from the pan, while cold, and slice to perfection.

 

Top off with a dollop or two of creamy peanut butter – trust me. It’s GOOD.

 

Comments

Popular Posts