Chocolate Almond Granola Chews

  




As a child I lived on granola bars as my afternoon snack.
Well, not really. In fact, both my mom and I were pretty creative with snacking ideas. (BTW, umm … .graham cracker sandwiches with either canned vanilla or chocolate frosting is AMAZING – as is peanut butter in a tortilla roll-up, microwaved just enough).


In any case, I’ve always loved granola – bars or cereal – in any form.
I was rather spoiled – while my sister noshed on Golden Grahams and Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast, my choice was Mom’s homemade granola and yogurt.


Aahhh …I was a strange child.

Anyway, I wanted to create a chewy granola bar for my vegan and gluten-free friends. I wanted it to be sweet, but not too sweet. With raisins, dried cherries, walnuts, oats, almond butter, and dark chocolate chunks, and a dash of cinnamon, this Chocolate Almond Granola Chews recipe has it all!




Chocolate Almond Granola Chews 

1 1/2 cups all-natural almond butter
1 cup vegan cream cheese
2 Tbs. vegan butter
2 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
2 cups walnuts, chopped
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 1/2 cups dried cherries
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips, 
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. sea salt


Combine the almond butter, cream cheese, and vegan butter in a medium pot and melt over low heat, stirring constantly. 


Once melted and NOT BURNED, stir in the oats, walnuts, raisins, and cherries. Mix well. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and salt

.
Remove from heat.


Stir in the dark chocolate chunks.


Transfer to a a parchment lined baking pan and smooth with a spatula.


Refrigerate 4-6 hours before slicing and serving.


Chewy, sweet, savory, and SO delicious!!

 

Comments

Popular Posts